The taping method was developed in the twentieth century by a chiropractor from Japan, and currently this procedure is gaining popularity and is used in many ways:
- Sports medicine;
- Speech therapy;
Tape is an adhesive tape that looks like an adhesive plaster. However, the tape’s parameters are as similar as possible to the human epidermis and it stretches well. Due to this, it does not tighten the skin and does not cause discomfort. The kinesiological taping technique is based on physiotherapeutic effects. Properly applied tapes to the skin activate and support the body’s self-healing abilities.
Thanks to this methodology, our specialists can provide different taping techniques:
The most common indications for the use of tapes are:
- Bruises of soft tissues and hematomas (subluxation of the ankle, shoulder, fingers);
- Shoulder periarthritis (shoulder pain);
- Tennis elbow dislocation and other epicondylitis;
- Heel spur;
- Knee pain, patellar subluxation, neck pain;
- Lower back pain and swelling of the legs in pregnant women;
- Osteocondritis of the spine.
Kinesio tape, which is applied in the form of an application according to a specially selected pattern, slightly lifts the skin, which helps to increase the intertissue microspace and, as a result, normalize the processes of microcirculation of fluids in the tissues. As a result, pain is relieved, swelling is relieved, and inflammation is reduced.
The taping procedure can be performed on people of any age, as well as pregnant women and children. However, there are certain contraindications:
- Kidney failure;
- Oncological diseases;
- Damage to the skin in the area of application;
- Cardiovascular diseases;
- Deep vein thrombosis;
- Skin infections;
- Individual intolerance to the components of the tape composition.
The main advantages of using taping are:
- EFFICIENCY. When tapes are used correctly, the result is obvious after the first session.
- VERSATILITY. Different types of tape are suitable for therapeutic taping for different purposes.
- SAFETY. The hypoallergenic adhesive base of the tapes allows them to be used even by people with sensitive skin.
- SAVING. 1 roll is designed for several procedures.
- COMFORT. The tape allows air to pass through, does not cause discomfort, lasts a long time and is removed without visible marks.
- WEARING LIFE. The average time spent using tape is up to 5 days.
- The color of the tape has no therapeutic value. You can choose the one that you like best.